Places to Plug-in and Work near XOXO
11 Sep 2014
Coming to town early or staying late for XOXO and need a reliable place to get some work done? Couldn’t score a ticket but wanting to meetup with some of your favorite people while they’re in town for this art-meets-technology-and-games-and-music-and-arcade event? We love helping connecting people with people and places — read on!
Here’s a list of places near the XOXO activities to explore. We’ve also put together a handy map.
Southeast, near the Redd, Yale Union and Holocene
- Water Ave Coffee at 1028 SE Water Ave – open from 7am-6pm, this coffee shop sits near an entrance to a pathway along the river for cyclists and pedestrians, offers a glimpse of old Portland with bars made from 100 year old, locally reclaimed fir with plenty of power and WiFi to go around.
- Coava Coffee at 1300 SE Grand Ave – open from 7am-6pm M-F and 8am-6pm Sat & Sun, this renowned coffee roaster boasts an industrial space great for meeting friends or working solo with accessible outlets and reliable WiFi.
- Rontoms at 600 E Burnside – open from 3pm-2am, this bar sports a huge patio with enough cover and sun for various weather. Reliable WiFi and accessible power.
- Grendell’s Coffee House at 729 E Burnside – open from 8am-8pm, this coffee shop has food options, reliable WiFi and accessible power.
- Oso Market at 726 SE Grand Ave (near Morrison) – open til 10pm Tues-Sat, this cafe has great food and WiFi.
- F & B Cafe at 1100 SE Grand Ave – open from 7:30am-3:30pm most days, this roomy cafe has some accessible outlets and WiFi.
Downtown, near the various parties and hotels
- Floyd’s Coffee Old Town at 118 NW Couch – open from 7am-7pm most days, this coffee shop boasts one of the few patios downtown, killer veggie breakfast burritos, reliable WiFi and accessible power.
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters at 128 SW 3rd – open 6am-7pm most days, the coffee roaster credited with launching the “third wave” of coffee culture offers a space in the heart of downtown great for socializing and catching up on Portland’s culture with fast WiFi.
- Glyph Café & Arts Space at 804 NW Couch – open 7:45am-7pm most days, this coffee shop offers an artful space along the park blocks with outdoor seating, locally sourced food, fine teas, comfortable seating, reliable WiFi and accessible outlets. (They also offer specials to Workfrom Members.)
- Tilt Pearl District at 1355 NW Everett (kitty corner from W+K) – open from 7am-11pm everyday and until midnight on Fri & Sat, this restaurant and bar opens its garage doors for an open-air, industrial space outfitted with a variety of tables, booths and standing desks with outlets galore and reliable WiFi perfect for working and socializing.
If you liked this story please help spread the word by sharing with the buttons below. Thanks!
Workfrom is the insider guide to the best coffee shops, cafes, bars and other shared spaces to get work done across the planet.
Discover hidden gems, local favorites and otherwise hard to find workspaces.