Places To Get Out and Work Near FOCUS100 in NYC
2 Oct 2014
Each year digitalundivided gathers diverse startups, innovative companies like Facebook, Google and Microsoft, and top investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Comcast Ventures, Box Group, Gen Y Capital, Techstars.
Here’s a list of easy to reach coffee shops and cafes near the conference to explore when you need to get out and get some work done.
- Everyman Espresso 136 E 13th St (At 3rd Ave). Relatively spacious, chill music. Attached to a theater for local performances. Large window looks out to the East Village.
- Housing Works Bookstore Cafe 126 Crosby St (Btwn Prince & E Houston St). Think big bookstore with a cafe and heart…because that is exactly what it is. Nice open design, folk music playing kind of joint and profits go to a cause.
- The Coffee Foundry at 186 West 4th St. Outlets, A/C, rentable private rooms for business meetings/group meetings.
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters W 8th at 30 W 8th St. (At At MacDougal St.). Public tastings at 2pm. Light, quiet music, busy, hard seats inside and out. Can be hard to find a seat because it’s close to NYU and popular, but if you can it’s worth it.
- Ninth Street Espresso at 700 E 9th St (At At Avenue C). Public tastings at 2pm. Lit bright enough to see clearly, but not enough to read comfortably. Light music. Quiet and quaint cafe in the middle of the East Village.
Let us know where you end up and please add places you find while roaming the planet!
If you liked this story please help spread the word by sharing with the buttons below. Thanks!
Workfrom is the insider guide to the best coffee shops, cafes, bars and other shared spaces to get work done across the planet.
Discover hidden gems, local favorites and otherwise hard to find workspaces.