Instagram Live Recap – ICYMI
I recently got invited by Justine Camacho from We Work Remotely to chat on Instagram Live about being social and strategies for staying social while working remotely.
We Work Remotely is the place to go if you’re searching for or need to list open remote roles. They have been connecting outstanding talent with great remote companies since 2013! They have the largest remote work community in the world. I was excited to be invited to chat with such an awesome remote work brand that has such a great community and following.
Justine surveyed the WWR community asking if people felt lonely when they worked remotely. In our chat, we talked about the answers, my experiences, and some strategies to stay social when remote. Below are some key takeaways.
- Justine found that most people welcomed the solitude that remote work brings. Justine, I, and the survey respondents enjoy the space and autonomy to work how we work best.
- Participating in live virtual coworking in Workfrom virtual cafes and being a part of the Workfrom remote work slack community helps fulfill my need for being social while maintaining the space I need to get work done.
- The Workfrom crew uses “walk and talks” as a way to get exercise and bond. It’s always optional and a great way to socialize. It also creates a culture that prioritizes wellness.
- Coworking spaces and cafes are a great way to bring human energy to your workday even if you don’t want to be actively socializing with others.
- Coworking in public and virtual spaces can improve your productivity through body-doubling.
- Being intentional with your time is important and the same goes for being intentional about socializing.
- You can facilitate serendipity and water cooler talk for your team by utilizing virtual cafes and making time for informal communication.
- Pro-tip from Gonçalo Hall! (WF community & family member and CEO @ NomadX) Gonçalo suggests making appointments with family or friends right after work to give your workday a clear end and keep you committed to making time for personal socializing.
Catch the full video below 👇
Stay up to date on future events and other remote work news by subscribing to our Remote Tea weekly newsletter. Served hot and fresh!
Save the day and facilitate more opportunities for your team to be social and increase productivity by introducing coworking in virtual cafes. Get started.
Want to give your team hosted and guided coworking sessions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!